20 YouTube Statistics you should know about
If you are a marketer, an entrepreneur or a CEO, you should know these 20 YouTube user and usage statistics in order to decide if online video is a good way to reach your audience.
We’ve picked out these stats to help you understand and demonstrate you why YouTube is the number 1 platform to increase your influence and your business.
- YouTube is the world’s second largest search engine and third most visited site after Google and Facebook
- The platform has over 9bn logged in monthly users.
- 400 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- On average, there are 1,000,000,000 mobile video views per day
- The time people spend watching YouTube on their TV has more than doubled in the last year
- 6 out of 10 people prefer online video platforms to live TV.
- By 2025, half of viewers under 32 will not subscribe to a pay-TV service
- In an average month, 8 out of 10 18-49 year-olds watch YouTube
- On mobile alone, YouTube reaches more 18-49 year-olds than any broadcast or CABLE TV network
- You can navigate YouTube in a total of 80 different languages, covering 95% of the Internet population)
- The platform has also launched in over 91 countries
- Daniel Middleton, better known as DanTDM, is the highest earning YouTuber, bringing in $16.5m in 2017
- We watch over 1 billion hours of YouTube videos a day, more than Netflix and Facebook video combined
- 70% of YouTube views come from mobile devices
- The average mobile viewing session lasts more than 40 minutes
- The first video to hit one million views was a Nike advert featuring Ronaldinho
- Among millennials, YouTube accounts for two-thirds of the premium online video watched across devices
- The number of channels earning six figures each year on YouTube has increased by 50% year on year
- The most popular branded channel is currently LEGO, which has amassed over 6 billion views
- Searches of “how to” videos on YouTube are growing 70% year on year
So, if you are wondering how to capture your audience in 2019, we advice you to add to your marketing plan some YouTube campaigns, using a creative and strategic content in order to make your brand shine.
Let’s talk about your project, we can help you to set up & launch an efficient YouTube Video Advertising Campaign.